force group causes tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_GROUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikke

Contributor
After upgrades I noticed the 11.1-U1 and U2 didn't serve samba shared directory any longer for me. I have one common share for family, where I let guest account in, and force it to use certain user and certain group. I set it with:

Code:
	force group = asukkaat
	force user = jako
	create mask = 0666
	force create mode = 0666
	directory mask = 0777
	force directory mode = 0777

and this fails:

Code:
smbclient -W mynet -U jako //freeknas.mynet/ourshare
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_GROUP

But if I comment out the "force group" option it works. It doesn't matter if I use another user, whose secondary group is asukkaat, it fails the same. And after commenting force user out, it works also. This used to work earlier, some regression.

Reading the samba manuals, the behaviour has changed at some point so that force user sets also the group to the default group of given user. Which in this case is the same, asukkaat.

Well, it works for me now by commenting that out, but sounds like a bug to me. Anyhow, if you run into same, I hope google finds you this thread.

ikke

Contributor
Thanks, good videos. It would be interesting how to do the same Windows ACLs from command line on FreeNAS. In our family there are several Linuxes, Mac and only one Windows for gaming (not mine). So such settings should be doable from all those. That's why I've kept it to basic unix perms and samba settings so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.