File permissions.... Spuratic

BigPapaPSP

Dabbler
Hello.

Okay, I'm running FreeNas 11.2-U5 --- But the problem I'm having has baffled me since my installation almost 18 months ago.

First of all... This is file storage and I run Plex on this server.

Plex functions 100% -- EXCEPT.... When I try to delete a show or movie file through plex -- then I get a permission error. Or, when Live TV/DVR trys to record it tells me I don't have permission to save it into the library.

I"m sure it's a permission setting... but every time I try and figure it out -- either I make things worse and end up reversing whatever I tried, or nothing changes. Seems plex is happy to run on it's own... happy to write to the database, keeps track of new shows, and watched history, etc... But anytime I do something that specifically writes or deletes a media file on plex, it's a permission issue.

Is this a setting in plex somewhere? Or is this a permission on FreeNas that isn't set? I'm not all that familiar with unix systems, but I can follow directions very well.

Don

BigPapaPSP

Dabbler
Were you able to resolve this? If not, post a screenshot of your Additional Storage configuration.

No, you were the only person who replied.

By additional storage are you referring to the mount points in jail for plex? ATTACHED

Attachments

• mp1.JPG
    mp1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 181