Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_product_name()

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipdice

Cadet
I booted freenas on my computer from the cd. with 3 hard drives in it. Ran the install to place it on my usb drive, shutdown, replaced the cd rom with another hd and turned the machine on. It booted fine and I configured the drives and one user using the web interface. Now when I start it up, I get the following error for every menu option.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_product_name() in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 44

I've tried this 3 times. Any ideas on what I should do? :confused:

Chip

chipdice

Cadet
the error is on the console when i enter a menu option there. i cannot connect to it from a browser anymore

ProtoSD

MVP
Sorry I misunderstood. Can you give more details above what version you have installed? 8.0/8.01 beta/RC/release i386 or amd64?

chipdice

Cadet
The screen is wrapping at the ".inc", so it's possible that is wrong. I'll be out of town for the next day, so I may not be able to look at this further until then.

Thanks protosd

Chip

chipdice

Cadet
I was able to get to the shell and that folder. All of the files in /etc/inc end with .inc. What command can I use to see the contents of config.inc?

ProtoSD

MVP
You can use the 'more' or 'less' commands, I prefer 'more'. I still can't find what you are looking at. I've tried to 'cd' to /etc/inc and it's not there!

8.02 was just released today, give that a try, make sure you have at least a 2GB flash drive, one's that say 2GB but report 1.8GB might seem to flash ok, but fail to boot.

chipdice

Cadet
ok, looks like it was booting off something left over from a prev install. got it working.

thanks
chip

Status
Not open for further replies.