FAILED SMART self-check

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam270

Dabbler
Thankyou.

I've been given the go ahead to create a second fileshare. Should get a handle on this soon. Can't believe I fuc*ked up this bad. Especially after you saying follow the manual to the letter.

titan_rw

Guru
As cyberjock mentioned, your data should still be on the disk you pulled in error. I'd disconnect all disks except the 'good' one and boot up freenas. If all goes well it should automount the pool as degraded. If not, try auto importing and see if it sees it.

If it does, you may need to wipe the new replacement disk in order to get freenas to let you use it to resilver the original pool to.

kam270

Dabbler
As cyberjock mentioned, your data should still be on the disk you pulled in error. I'd disconnect all disks except the 'good' one and boot up freenas. If all goes well it should automount the pool as degraded. If not, try auto importing and see if it sees it.

If it does, you may need to wipe the new replacement disk in order to get freenas to let you use it to resilver the original pool to.

Yes I was planning on doing that. Thanks for confirming it could be done like this. Gonna try to fix it today while no one is here.

kam270

Dabbler
Great I was able to import the disk. Had to remove the disks, the zfs pool and the CIFS shares to do it though.

But now im faced with the problem of creating a mirror. I have two good disks in there now . One of them is offline which I want to create a mirror on.

ada1 (imported disk ) ONLINE

ada0 ( disk to mirror to) OFFLINE

However when I try to replace ada0 I only see itself being listed in replace dropdown menu , not the disk I want to copy from ?

So what should I do to mirror to ada0 ?

Screenshot from 2014-12-20 15:08:04.png

Screenshot from 2014-12-20 15:01:00.png

Screenshot from 2014-12-20 15:01:14.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2014-12-20 15:22:45.png
    Screenshot from 2014-12-20 15:22:45.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.