Failed Disk alerts - SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyZero

Dabbler
Hello all,
I have read various threads on this topic but I'm not making much progress, I'm hoping there is a way to deal with this, even if the method is unorthadox. I want to deploy this system into production, but it will be in an unmanned remote data center.
The system is Supermicro with 32 X 2TB Seagate Constellation drives on LSI 9260 based controller. The array is configured @ RAID60 on the hardware controller, freenas is aware of a single disk that I have configured as ZFS@55TB.

I have setup freenas according to the other posts and I can send test messages with success. However, when simulating drive failures, I am not getting any email.
Under "View all volumes/view disks" tab, I edited the volume and added the "-m root" parameter under SMART extra options. I have also tried "-m admin" with no luck either.
BSD is aware of the drive failures as when I pull a drive out of the machine live, i see the console messages stating the disk is in degraded state and the console message are logging in /var/log/messages... but no flippin email. mfiutil is also showing the correct status as it should (degraded).

I am running FreeNAS-8.0-RELEASE-amd64

If anyone can shed any light at all on this for me, I would be eternally grateful.
I can't deploy this until I have a reliable monitoring system for the physical disks.

thanks to everyone who contributes; the forum content has been a great help to me over the past week.

SilverJS

Patron
I've been asking about this too - the only difference is I'm using the 8.0.1BETA3, but if somebody can chime in, I'd be most grateful as well.

FunkyZero

Dabbler
Do you have any info beyond what I posted as my settings?
I've got til tomorrow, but after that I'm going to be forced to deploy a dang Windows server to do this and it's making me ill just thinking about it.
I can't even go openfiler... there is no rpath support for this raid controller at all

Status
Not open for further replies.