External Drive mount issues!!!

jelarac

Cadet
Hello everyone! Hope I am at the right place to get some help.

Issue: attempting to mount a disk partition to recover data from a failed Seagate Central network storage drive, to new FreeNas Setup.

Background: I used to have a Seagate Central 4TB network storage drive that became inaccessible due to NIC port failure. The drive was removed from the shell and I am attempting to removed the data thru a USB external drive enclosure. Disk contains 8 partitions some I am able to mount and see content, but the most important data that I need still is inaccessible. I can see the partition sizes and vol name thru some windows tools but I am still able to extract the data (3.5TB).

My current freeNas setup sees the new drive as /dev/da2p(1 thru 8) , I now the data I need is in p8 im suspecting is in RAW or EXT4 FS not 100% sure.

Can anyone provide some input

myoung

Explorer
I don't think FreeNAS supports ext4 directly. Maybe you could install fuse in a jail and mount it. Your best bet is probably just to boot a linux liveCD on a different machine, mount the external drive there and rsync the data you need to your FreeNAS machine.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer