error loading services page

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShellshock67

Dabbler
Dear forum members,

After upgrading the boot usb stick of my freenas box and putting back the original config I get a nasty error.
If I try to open the services page I get this message :

{"error": true, "events": [], "message": "Error: no such column: directoryservice_activedirectory.ad_netbiosname_a"}

Could one of you smart people give me a hint in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

TheShellshock67

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Hint #1 - Sounds like a simple case of a corrupt file.
Did you verify the download against the hash?
You weren't very clear on exactly what you did,
but I'll assume you installed the latest FreeNAS
version on a new, possibly larger thumb drive?
BTW, as errors go, thats not really a nasty one :p

TheShellshock67

Dabbler
Hi BigDave,

Yes I compared the hash, i even ran the verify install thing on the update page.
What i did was something like this :
1 : I had a 4GB old usb as my boot usb, this was a very slow one and it was not really reliable.
2 : Bought a kingston 8GB datatraveler usb3 stick, thinking it was a good model (now i have my doubts :P)
3 : Downloaded the config of the old usb environment.
4 : Installed a new image of freenas on the Datatraveller
5 : Started Freenas with the usual things (first time boot)
6 : Uploaded the config to match the old one.
7 : The system rebooted
8 : Everything was right except this error on the services page.

{"error": true, "events": [], "message": "Error: no such column: directoryservice_activedirectory.ad_netbiosname_a"}

9 : Went to google to search this error, no finds related to this error.
10 : Asked the smart people on this forum what this could be.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Well you seem to have followed the procedure properly.
There's nothing I can say for now, other than quickly try
another USB port, if that error continues, try another flash
drive. The SanDisk 2.0 Cruiser Fit comes highly recommended.
Went to google to search this error, no finds related to this error.
It doesn't surprise me you weren't able to find anything, I can't remember anyone ever posting something
like this without it relating to a bad file download which you seem to have ruled out.
Maybe some others will have an idea or two...
Before anyone gets around to asking, please post your system specs and FreeNAS version.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Personally, I wouldn't use the DataTraveler. Grab another USB stick (or two to mirror the OS) or even an old SSD (if you have an available port) and install onto that. SanDisk is a good one, I like PNY.

TheShellshock67

Dabbler
Thanks for the replies.

Well you seem to have followed the procedure properly.
There's nothing I can say for now, other than quickly try
another USB port, if that error continues, try another flash
drive. The SanDisk 2.0 Cruiser Fit comes highly recommended.
I'll try another port.

Before anyone gets around to asking, please post your system specs and FreeNAS version.
version is 9.3 something, i'll login this evening to be more exact on this. as the server is not in my house anymore. (made it for a friend)

Personally, I wouldn't use the DataTraveler. Grab another USB stick (or two to mirror the OS) or even an old SSD (if you have an available port) and install onto that. SanDisk is a good one, I like PNY.
As it is not mine and since I already replaced the usb stick with a brand new one, i don't think my friend wants to buy another just for a nas that is working (as far as file sharing concerned).

maybe it it fixed with the updates that are rolling in atm.

thanks, I'll keep you posted on the progress with the updates.

TheShellshock67

Dabbler
I found this : https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues/11244

Tried the solution provided and got this code :

Code:
[root@EdNAS] /usr/local/www/freenasUI# python manage.py migrate --merge --delete-ghost-migrations
Running migrations for api:
- Nothing to migrate.
- Loading initial data for api.
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Running migrations for freeadmin:
- Nothing to migrate.
- Loading initial data for freeadmin.
Installed 0 object(s) from 0 fixture(s)
Running migrations for directoryservice:
- Migrating forwards to 0056_migrate_ldap_netbiosname.
> directoryservice:0053_auto__del_field_activedirectory_ad_netbiosname__add_field_activedirect
FATAL ERROR - The following SQL query failed: CREATE TABLE "_south_new_directoryservice_activedirectory" ("ad_idmap_backend" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_allow_trusted_doms" bool NOT NULL, "id" integer PRIMARY KEY, "ad_kerberos_principal_id" integer, "ad_enable" bool NOT NULL, "ad_unix_extensions" bool NOT NULL, "ad_bindpw" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_domainname" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_nss_info" varchar(120), "ad_ldap_sasl_wrapping" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_gcname" varchar(120), "ad_use_default_domain" bool NOT NULL, "ad_ssl" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_netbiosname_b" varchar(120), "ad_netbiosname_a" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_bindname" varchar(120) NOT NULL, "ad_site" varchar(120), "ad_dns_timeout" integer NOT NULL, "ad_verbose_logging" bool NOT NULL, "ad_dcname" varchar(120), "ad_timeout" integer NOT NULL, "ad_kerberos_realm_id" integer, "ad_certificate_id" integer)
The error was: table "_south_new_directoryservice_activedirectory" already exists
! Error found during real run of migration! Aborting.

! Since you have a database that does not support running
! schema-altering statements in transactions, we have had
! to leave it in an interim state between migrations.

! You *might* be able to recover with:
! The South developers regret this has happened, and would
! like to gently persuade you to consider a slightly
! easier-to-deal-with DBMS (one that supports DDL transactions)
! NOTE: The error which caused the migration to fail is further up.
Error in migration: directoryservice:0053_auto__del_field_activedirectory_ad_netbiosname__add_field_activedirect
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "manage.py", line 42, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 399, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 392, in execute
    self.fetch_command(subcommand).run_from_argv(self.argv)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 242, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py", line 285, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/management/commands/migrate.py", line 111, in handle
    ignore_ghosts = ignore_ghosts,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/__init__.py", line 220, in migrate_app
    success = migrator.migrate_many(target, workplan, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 256, in migrate_many
    result = migrator.__class__.migrate_many(migrator, target, migrations, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 331, in migrate_many
    result = self.migrate(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 133, in migrate
    result = self.run(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 114, in run
    return self.run_migration(migration, database)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 84, in run_migration
    migration_function()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/migration/migrators.py", line 60, in <lambda>
    return (lambda: direction(orm))
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/directoryservice/migrations/0053_auto__del_field_activedirectory_ad_netbiosname__add_field_activedirect.py", line 11, in forwards
    db.rename_column(u'directoryservice_activedirectory', 'ad_netbiosname', 'ad_netbiosname_a')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/db/sqlite3.py", line 245, in rename_column
    self._remake_table(table_name, renames={old: new})
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/db/generic.py", line 47, in _cache_clear
    return func(self, table, *args, **opts)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/db/sqlite3.py", line 110, in _remake_table
    ", ".join(["%s %s" % (self.quote_name(cname), ctype) for cname, ctype in definitions.items()]),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/south/db/generic.py", line 282, in execute
    cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/utils.py", line 99, in __exit__
    six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/util.py", line 53, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
  File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py", line 386, in execute
    return Database.Cursor.execute(self, query, params)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: table "_south_new_directoryservice_activedirectory" already exists

If anyone knows what this is and is willing to teach me :P

Thanks

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.