Can't upgrade through GUI or download config to update manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
I have been trying for a few weeks now to get my GUI to work properly and let me update. When I click on the system tab to update, it gives me this error message: {"message": "Error: table system_advanced has no column named adv_periodic_notifyuser", "error": true, "events": []}

I get this under Network->Global configuration: {"message": "Error: no such column: system_advanced.adv_periodic_notifyuser", "error": true, "events": []}

I'm running 9.3-Stable- 201503270027 currently, but would like to upgrade. I'm afraid to start over because it took me so long to get my current config to work properly. All my plugins still work fine, with the exception of Plex. That just won't upgrade through the GUI, but works fine otherwise.

Any ideas here?

D

dlavigne

Backup your config in System --> General, install the latest stable, then restore the config.

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
The issue is that when I click he System tab, either up top or in the side column, there is nothing that shows up except this error in text format: {"message": "Error: table system_advanced has no column named adv_periodic_notifyuser", "error": true, "events": []}

Attachments

• system error.jpg
    system error.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 269

rogerh

Guru
You can save the config file via ssh (or scp) to another computer. I think it is the latest *.db file in /var/db/system/ but perhaps you had better get that checked by another contributor. Then reinstall. I would use a new boot device (you haven't described your hardware in great detail) just in case your existing one is defective. And pick up the saved config file via the GUI, which I assume will then be working. If it then breaks again, there must have been something wrong with your config and you will need to start again, unfortunately.

rogerh

Guru

Bobbyg387

Dabbler
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go tonight and see what I can come up with.

John Healey

Cadet
Hi guys. Any progress on this one? I followed the procedure and created a clean install. However, when I restore the backup of the freenas-v1.db the problem returns.

I am coping with this by swapping the config back an forth when I need to apply an upgrade, but I cannot get to the other elements of the system config i.e. I can't turn off the reminder emails that a new upgrade is available ;-)

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Something isn't right about this.

His database sounds corrupted. Therefore, reinstalling the OS isn't going to help much...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Considering that John Healey isn't the OP, he's just hijacked the thread. Locking the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.