Error getting used space (Error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

openpulse

Dabbler
Hello Everyone, I have been using FreeNAS 8.0-RELEASE for nearly a year, I had a modest desktop pc sitting around and decided to put it to good use.
I purchased two brand new WD 1.0 TB Drives and configured a raid 0 volume using UFS
The problem happened today when I turned on the server and was unable to access the Volume, that's when I went over to the Storage section of the GUI and found the following error:

error_freenas.jpg

I checked the messages file on /var/log and found:

freenas# cat messages | grep geometry
Feb 23 23:37:28 freenas kernel: GEOM: da3s1: geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s).
Feb 23 23:37:28 freenas kernel: GEOM: da3s2: geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s).

Note: Bios settings have not been changed in any way and the drives are detected properly by the OS.

here are the drives I have on the box:

freenas# dmesg |grep WD
ada0: <WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0 51.0AB51> ATA-8 SATA 1.x device
ada1: <WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0 51.0AB51> ATA-8 SATA 1.x device

Here's a screenshot of the system information tab:

freenas_info.jpg

I would like to know if I can still recover the Volumen in any way, I have considered the following options:

- Upgrading to the latest stable version of FreeNAS, if I do this, would I still be able to recover my UFS stripe?
- Rebuilding or Reindexing the Volume in any way (I'm going to need pointers for this one)

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated

Thanks guys!

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Openpulse,

Just a couple of quick notes. This topic has been discussed here in the forums a few times, the error is usually caused by the FreeNAS database being out of sync with what the system has detected. Take a look and see if you can find those discussions.

Second, the geometry errors below are NORMAL, nothing to worry about. If you'll notice the "da3s1" & "da3s2", these are partitions on your Flash drive. If you look at the next messages you posted below that from dmesg, you'll notice your harddrives are "ada0" & "ada1".

I checked the messages file on /var/log and found:

freenas# cat messages | grep geometry
Feb 23 23:37:28 freenas kernel: GEOM: da3s1: geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s).
Feb 23 23:37:28 freenas kernel: GEOM: da3s2: geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s).

freenas# dmesg |grep WD
ada0: <WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0 51.0AB51> ATA-8 SATA 1.x device
ada1: <WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0 51.0AB51> ATA-8 SATA 1.x device

openpulse

Dabbler
Hi Protosd, thanks for your reply! I saved my existing configuration and grabbed the latest stable release: FreeNAS-8.0.3-RELEASE-p1-x86.Full_Install
Wrote it on the SD card, booted it up and reloaded my backup config file, rebooted one more time and now I'm back up and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.