Error getting disk data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bludude4

Cadet
Hi everyone, I'm new to FreeNAS and I'm super-new to this forum. My name's Bludude4, and I'm the new IT Manager at a small company.

So when I login to the web UI to manage my freeNAS server, everything looks perfectly normal, except for one thing. When I go into Storage --> Disks, there's nothing that displays on that page. Just a blank gray screen. There should be a few physical drives, as I'm able to see the active pools that are running on the Pools page, but when I click away from the Disks page to, say, the Import Disk page, there's an error dialog that pops up. I've attached a screenshot of the error message to this post.

Has anyone ever had this issue before? How did you solve it? I began getting this issue a week ago, and I had restarted the server as soon as I noticed it, but it did nothing. I'm hesitant to do anything further right now without any insight as the server is in use pretty much all day during normal business hours, and people need (and currently have) access to their files.

Here is my software version:
OS Version:
FreeNAS-11.2-BETA1
(Build Date: Jul 6, 2018 22:29)

Thank-you in advance for everyone's advice, suggestions, and help in general!

-Bludude4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.48.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 8.48.52 AM.png
    39 KB · Views: 196

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
FreeNAS-11.2-BETA1
You should not be running the BETA version of FreeNAS in production, there are still too many problems with it.
Your best plan is to revert to version 11.1-U5.

Bludude4

Cadet
You should not be running the BETA version of FreeNAS in production, there are still too many problems with it.
Your best plan is to revert to version 11.1-U5.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. The old IT manager installed it before I took the position, I guess because he loves screwing around with new features, which evidently wasn't the best idea.

So how do I revert back to v11.1-U5? I see an update option, but no revert option, at least not in the GUI.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
In the GUI, select the previous boot environment and set it to active, then reboot the system. It should boot into the previous boot environment. I tested this on one of the servers here at work and it worked as it should. The only problem would be if the previous manager deleted the old boot environments.
Here is a link to the documentation: http://doc.freenas.org/11.2/system.html#boot-environments
Here is the documentation for the previous version, so you can see the changes:
http://doc.freenas.org/11/system.html#boot

Status
Not open for further replies.