Epair0b... assigned to jail but not in FN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGSONE

Dabbler
Running Dell T5500, dual xeons, with wd reds and an intel 4 port NIC

Running FN 11 nightlies and today decided to update after a few weeks to see what new changes to new gui looked like, backed up and upgraded.

Odd problem, my Plex jail is now bound to epair0b. but in ifconfig of FN there is no epair0b, only epair0a. So thought I'd change to dhcp to see if any changes might help to the system. Nope, but when I went to set back to static I get this: (screenshot).. Any way to edit jail bonding via cli to epair0a from epair0b. This leads me to believe it is reading some config and it recognizing that indeed there is not an epair0b.

Thought / help all?

LGSONE
epair0b.PNG

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
sir.

epair0a is the Host-side of the interface, epair0b is the jail-side of the interface. (or vice versa, I can never remember).

Anyway, go in the jail, and type "ifconfig", and you'll see.

LGSONE

Dabbler
Ok, great that would make sense, been reading up on epair and I understand what you are saying, why then would I get such an error. Why would I even be prompted with VIMAGE enabled? It should be bound to this as it is the only jail using the VIMAGE function.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Ok, great that would make sense, been reading up on epair and I understand what you are saying, why then would I get such an error. Why would I even be prompted with VIMAGE enabled? It should be bound to this as it is the only jail using the VIMAGE function.
I can't explain that. I haven't touched FN11.

NIC is moot if VIMAGE is on (because of this pairing between sides, the "NIC" part of the equation is not handled on the jail side). In fact, on my system, the NIC is greyed out/nothing can be selected for every jail I have on VIMAGE (FreeNAS 9.10 of course).

Perhaps it is a bug that you should report.

I suggest running jails with static IP in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.