Entering Shell not possible

bartii

Cadet
Hi all,

I have a PostgreSQL Docker Container running on Bluefin and I am not able to enter the shell.
When I try to enter it via context menu "Shell" with
Code:
/bin/bash
or
Code:
/bin/sh

I am getting the error:
"error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("ix-chart")"

I have also try to enter
Code:
/bin/bash
in Container CMD nothing happens and the LOG stays empty.

Does anyone have any suggestion?
I need to enter some psql commands to recover a database.

Thank you.

MisterE2002

Patron
I think the container is not starting? Is it green? have you tried the "disabled hostpath verification"

bartii

Cadet
when I try to change something it says:
[EINVAL] kubernetes_update.force: '/mnt/pool1/ix-applications/config.json' configuration file is an invalid JSON file. Specify force to override this and let system re-initialize applications.

there is also no config.json file when i browse to the location through the shell on the truenas host.

how can i re-initialize it?

bartii

Cadet
Update:
I started from scratch (new ix-applications dataset) but I am still not able to access the pool with shell. It stucks at Deploying, when I change the entry point to /bin/bash.

bartii

Cadet
Update 2: I just ran a container straight away with docker run and fixed the issue within the dataset.

Thank you for trying to help me. Still strange for me, why it is not running through the Gui

iptoux

Cadet
I noticed the same error yesterday, created an fresh install of truenas scale with that new Administrator account, after that problems started.... no more shell opens in Apps -> switched back to root and all working fine.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I noticed the same error yesterday, created an fresh install of truenas scale with that new Administrator account, after that problems started.... no more shell opens in Apps -> switched back to root and all working fine.
This is a bug with non-root accounts in 22.12.0. Will be fixed in 22.12.1.

MisterE2002

Patron
also note, current stable SCALE has the issue of starting containers twice and terminating one instance. Maybe even corrupting configuration files.
This and the lack of "hostpath verification" GUI warnings are confusing the community. iX should first release both fixes to the public.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
also note, current stable SCALE has the issue of starting containers twice and terminating one instance. Maybe even corrupting configuration files.
This and the lack of "hostpath verification" GUI warnings are confusing the community. iX should first release both fixes to the public.
22.12.1 is undergoing QE currently. Exact release date / time depends on whether issues are uncovered during the QE process.