Domain Controller - How to bind to specific interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got2GoLV

Dabbler
Hello,

I am testing out the Domain Controller feature on 9.3 and I am having some issues.

If FN has several interfaces (Ex: several for iSCSI, NFS, etc.., and another for the LAN), when I configure the Domain Controller service it appears it is bound to all interfaces.

And DNS queries for the hostname of the new domain to the built-in DNS service returns all the IP addresses on FN.

If the requesting host tries to connect to one of the other interfaces for which it has no route to (iSCSI for example), then the connection to the AD server fails.

I did some searching and saw that samba-tool has an option to specific what interface(s) to bind to.
But, I don't see an option in the GUI to pass those options or bind to a specific interface or IP.

Does anyone have a way t do this ? Or, am I missing something obvious here ?

Thanks!

D

dlavigne

You could create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org. If you do, post the issue number here.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,

I am testing out the Domain Controller feature on 9.3 and I am having some issues.

If FN has several interfaces (Ex: several for iSCSI, NFS, etc.., and another for the LAN), when I configure the Domain Controller service it appears it is bound to all interfaces.

And DNS queries for the hostname of the new domain to the built-in DNS service returns all the IP addresses on FN.

If the requesting host tries to connect to one of the other interfaces for which it has no route to (iSCSI for example), then the connection to the AD server fails.

I did some searching and saw that samba-tool has an option to specific what interface(s) to bind to.
But, I don't see an option in the GUI to pass those options or bind to a specific interface or IP.

Does anyone have a way t do this ? Or, am I missing something obvious here ?

Thanks!

Messing around with setting up a samba4 DC has been on my to-do list for a while :(
The DC role is something begging to be virtualized since you can't have the same samba instance act as a file server and a DC. It might be a better idea to just install the samba41 package in a jail and run samba-tool / build your DC there.

Status
Not open for further replies.