DockerVM (Guacamole?) causing 'problems' for you? SMB timeouts / breaking etc. "Overcommit memory"?

ezra

Contributor
Awsome guide @gt2416 thanks. The password for the WEBUI changed... any idea? Can't really find it in the docs or how to change it.

gt2416

Patron
For version 1.0.0 its still guacadmin, if your sql connector works.
You can try username and password guac. If that works then you havent gotten sql to work. Maybe see if you skipped a step in my guide.

ezra

Contributor
Thanks for the quick reply! "guac" also doesn't work. I'll try to debug the steps.

@gt2416 All the commands check out. I've only changed the mysql pass for guac user, nothing else. There should be a config file to change the WEBUI's password right? Or is this done via MySQL with the cp commands?

Edit:

This did the trick:

Code:
cp /usr/local/etc/guacamole-client/user-mapping.xml.sample /usr/local/etc/guacamole-client/user-mapping.xml

Thanks again.

@gt2416 Mind sharing your Serva setup, im interested. Failed setting this up on freenas...

Last edited:

gt2416

Patron
@gt2416 Mind sharing your Serva setup, im interested. Failed setting this up on freenas...

Serva sadly works only on Windows, you cant make it work in a jail. I have a Windows VM to run just this one app. I've tried to find an alternative but cant find any.

ezra

Contributor
Yes im well aware it runs on windows. What do you boot with it etc ?

gt2416

Patron
I use it to boot a Windows 10 install and Ubuntu. I mainly just use it for windows.
I fix other people PC's and having network boot for Windows is a godsend, especially when some laptops cant boot from usb due to usb3 drivers etc..

ezra

Contributor
Now thats what i want to have as well, i'll read up on it. Pretty straight forward guides on Serva?

gt2416

Patron
Yea its not to hard to get up and running. I used the docs from the Serva site. Its basically creating a few directories to put the contents of the ISO file and sharing them. After I got it setup, I ended up paying for the license ($50). The free version doesn't let you keep the app open for more than an hour or something, so you'd have to keep restarting it. Good luck

ezra

Contributor
Thx mate!