docker image - chown - operation not permitted

ht-ftw

Cadet
Hello Everyone,

I'm a new TrueNAS Scale user. I managed to run an image of nginx+php (trafex/php-nginx) through "launch docker image". Everything went well until I tried to deploy Laravel. The error I'm getting is like:
The stream or file "/var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log" could not be opened in append mode: Failed to open stream: Permission denied The exception occurred while attempting to log: The stream or file "/var/www/html/storage/logs/laravel.log" could not be opened
Analysing the situation and looking for answers I came into the conclusion that I need to upgrade access rights for some folders. However when I log into the container through shell and try to use chown or chmod to give access to these folders I get the "operation not permitted" error.

Can anyone help me with that? Or point in the direction I should investigate to solve this issue?

Thanks
HT

truecharts

Guru
Hello Everyone,

I'm a new TrueNAS Scale user. I managed to run an image of nginx+php (trafex/php-nginx) through "launch docker image". Everything went well until I tried to deploy Laravel. The error I'm getting is like:

Analysing the situation and looking for answers I came into the conclusion that I need to upgrade access rights for some folders. However when I log into the container through shell and try to use chown or chmod to give access to these folders I get the "operation not permitted" error.

Can anyone help me with that? Or point in the direction I should investigate to solve this issue?

Thanks
HT

chmod and chown cannot be combined with nfsv4 acl's

betascale

Cadet
chmod and chown cannot be combined with nfsv4 acl's
Hey, is there any elaboration on this, in terms of work arounds.

For example, the 'NFSv3 ownership model for NFSv4' option within the services?

Having quite a nightmare trying to do a similar setup to the OP. I've tired many suggestions, but feel like I'm just missing the right combination to get it to funcation.

It's really cutting off a large section of docker utilisation, specifically for databases since they love to chown the directory or won't function at all.

Appreciate any assistance :smile:

Regards
Beta