Directories intermittently disappear while browsing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmannyr

Contributor
I have had this issue for a long time. In fact I posted about in the past and then forgot about it. This time I created a short (no sound) video to show you what happens. The directories disappear then reappear after moving up a couple levels. See video. What could be causing this? I'm using AFP shares. Its a Wired network. Nothing else going on, on the network. Apparently the computer doesn't completely loose connection because it does not require logging/connecting back to the server. Its a weird behavior that can make some of the simplest tasks very time consuming and difficult as you can imagine after watching the video.

Help...How can I FIX it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6J0dP8ev0M

lmannyr

Contributor
thanks for the reply. I'll switch over.

lmannyr

Contributor
Switching to SMB fixed it!! HOLY moly. THANK YOU!!! Such a simple fix. ZERO issues all day. never did a directory disapear at all today. I have been messing with the server files ALL day today. Now I'm wondering NFS vs SMB........

Switching to SMB fixed it!! HOLY moly. THANK YOU!!! Such a simple fix. ZERO issues all day. never did a directory disapear at all today. I have been messing with the server files ALL day today. Now I'm wondering NFS vs SMB........

No problem. I have great Google FU most of the time.

As far as NFS it adds some benefits but is more limiting if you end up with any Windows clients as only enterprise versions have a NFS client available to integrate easily. And you should not use NFS on the same share as SMB due to incompatibility between the two. I would say the if SMB is working don't go trying to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.