Different display behavior in SMB shared folder when SCALE and CORE have the same acl permissions

Anytinz

Cadet
When an account does not have any permissions on the "A" folder in the acl permissions assignment, SCALE will show the "A" folder but cannot access it, while CORE will not show the "A" folder (in both versions, the account only have read access to the parent folder). I don't know if this is a bug brought by the migration of the SCALE version of nfsv4 acl, so I came here to ask.
I really like SCALE, its UI is more modern and user-friendly than CORE, but I prefer to get the effect presented by the CORE version, that is to say, without the read permission of the corresponding folder Not with display. If there are other implementations in the SCALE version you can let me know.

The following are the version information and acl permission details and screenshots of the two versions.

CORE:
root@truenas[~]# uname -a FreeBSD truenas.local 12.2-RELEASE-p12 FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p12 ec84e0c52a1(HEAD) TRUENAS amd64 root@truenas[~]# getfacl /mnt/Rose/Test # file: /mnt/Rose/Test # owner: root # group: wheel user:test-1:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd-----:allow root@truenas[~]# getfacl /mnt/Rose/Test/demo # file: /mnt/Rose/Test/demo # owner: root # group: wheel owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----I:allow

core_Snipaste_2022-03-18_02-00-08.png

SCALE:
root@truenas[~]# uname -a Linux truenas.local 5.10.93+truenas #1 SMP Fri Feb 18 14:37:37 UTC 2022 x86_64 GNU/Linux root@truenas[~]# nfs4xdr_getfacl /mnt/Rose/Test # File: /mnt/Rose/Test # owner: 0 # group: 0 # mode: 0o40700 # trivial_acl: false # ACL flags: none user:test-1:r-x---a-R-c--s:-------:allow owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd-----:allow root@truenas[~]# nfs4xdr_getfacl /mnt/Rose/Test/demo # File: /mnt/Rose/Test/demo # owner: 0 # group: 0 # mode: 0o40700 # trivial_acl: false # ACL flags: none owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----I:allow

scale_Snipaste_2022-03-18_01-52-49.png

scale_Snipaste_2022-03-18_01-52-59.png

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
That's not really a samba issue. It's probably related to how I implemented the NFSv4 ACL permissions checks in the Linux kernel. Doing an ACL check on every lookup call would be a huge performance impact potentially, so I kept default linux kernel behavior and don't have an explicit check for READ_ATTRIBUTES there.
(Assuming you're concerned about seeing the directory when listing contents).

Anytinz

Cadet
That's not really a samba issue. It's probably related to how I implemented the NFSv4 ACL permissions checks in the Linux kernel. Doing an ACL check on every lookup call would be a huge performance impact potentially, so I kept default linux kernel behavior and don't have an explicit check for READ_ATTRIBUTES there.
(Assuming you're concerned about seeing the directory when listing contents).
If I want to achievethe same effect on SCALE, is this possible?