Did the .system dataset go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadman

Guru
Hi,

I'm running a server with 9.3 STABLE. (H/W specs below.)

I've got two pools, one that is for mostly idle data ("idlepool") with low traffic, the other holds a lot of active data ("activepool").

I configured the system dataset via the GUI to sit on the activepool as I set the idlepool to allow spindown. I hadn't checked in a while, but then poking around today for some things I noticed the ".system" dataset (and directory) wasn't present on activepool like it used to be. Well, specifically it's not listed in the root of that pool when doing an "ls -al".

Is the dataset being managed differently now? Or does it just not show up (i.e. hidden for some reason) on a directory listing?

I haven't noticed any functionality issues, just wondering because I can't see the .system directory anywhere.

I did look at /var/db/system and didn't see any links that would point to another location. So I'm assuming everything is still logging to the /var partition?

System Hardware:
AMD Phenom II 1100
ASUS mobo (890 chipset)
16GB ECC Unbuffered RAM
1 x2TB mirror for idlepool
4 x2TB mirrors for activepool
4 x1Gb nics

toadman

Guru
Nevermind. The dataset is there in the pool as shown by "zfs list" (or "df"), it's just mounted as /var/db/system. Sorry, long night, too little sleep. Not enough coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.