Did a big opps.

Dayve

Dabbler
Thought I would upgrade from TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1 to TrueNAS-22.12.0. After doing so I lost my three jails that I have. So I rolled back to boot from the previous. After doing that Truenas still wants to do the upgrade to TrueNAS-22.12.0 even tho I have selected the TrueNAS-13.0 train.

Is there a way to stop this from wanting to do the upgrade or can I get 22.12.0 to work with my manual jails?

1671538254320.png

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
can I get 22.12.0 to work with my manual jails?
SCALE (22.12.0 - Bluefin) is Linux-based, so the jails concept is nonexistent there.

The "equivalent" is containers (labeled Apps), so to run on SCALE, you'll need to adapt your jails to Apps.

The content form the jails will still be there on the pool, so the settings and database files or whatever can be copied somewhere from there to match up with your SCALE App persistent data mappings.

Dayve

Dabbler
SCALE (22.12.0 - Bluefin) is Linux-based, so the jails concept is nonexistent there.

The "equivalent" is containers (labeled Apps), so to run on SCALE, you'll need to adapt your jails to Apps.

The content form the jails will still be there on the pool, so the settings and database files or whatever can be copied somewhere from there to match up with your SCALE App persistent data mappings.
Okay thank you for explaining. Guess I need to stay with TrueNAS-13.0. Would you know how to fix the upgrade issue?

Alecmascot

Guru
Is there a 22.12 boot environment you can delete ?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Still wants to upgrade.
"wants to upgrade" means "it's telling you there's an upgrade available." Just ignore it.