Dell C2100 with a PERC H700?

Daisuke

Contributor
Hi, I recently purchased this setup:

I asked the seller to upgrade the memory to 64GB. After reading the forums, I realized a H700 will not work with a FreeNAS setup and I have to replace it with a flashed H200.

Can you please let me know the recommended IT mode firmware I should use? Also, if you have any suggestions for a better card than H200, please post the details. Adding a tutorial I found, please let me know if is still valid for my current setup:

Edit: I noticed there are mentions of H310 as alternative to H200. Which one should I choose for disks larger than 4TB? In case I need to upgrade disks later. I read the H310 temps are lower, but do I have to deal with covering pins on my C2100 so the system boots properly? See step 4 from that flashing tutorial.

Last edited:

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The H200 and H310 are both fine cards. Pick whichever one works better for your chassis - the port orientation is different and I can't remember which one works better. Dell hardware should work in Dell hardware so I wouldn't expect any need to do pin covering tricks. Use 20.00.07.00