Delete the Everyone share Permission SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I made it but when i will create new Data Set in storage it will get Everyone permission
Are you creating a new dataset via the FreeNAS webui or are you creating folders via Finder? The way that you wrote that it sounds like you are creating new datasets via the FreeNAS webui.

matis111

Dabbler
Are you creating a new dataset via the FreeNAS webui or are you creating folders via Finder? The way that you wrote that it sounds like you are creating new datasets via the FreeNAS webui.
Yes i am creating New Data sets via the FreeNAS web GUI

Spearfoot

He of the long foot

matis111

Dabbler
@matis111: As @zoomzoom pointed out above, you need to use Windows to remove 'Everyone' from your SMB shares, not FreeNAS. See user @m0nkey_'s videos for details:

"FreeNAS 9.10 and Samba (SMB) permissions"

"Advanced SAMBA (CIFS) permissions on FreeNAS 9.10"

Good luck!
I saw that videos. But i am creating new datasets in FreeNAS server not new folders in windows explorer. And i am asking that its possible to remove Default permission EVERYONE for new datasets.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
I saw that videos. But i am creating new datasets in FreeNAS server not new folders in windows explorer. And i am asking that its possible to remove Default permission EVERYONE for new datasets.
But that's the whole point: you create Windows datasets in FreeNAS; you set the permissions -- including removing 'Everyone' -- from Windows.

zoomzoom

Guru
I made it but when i will create new Data Set in storage it will get Everyone permission
  • To solve the issue, manage ACLs via the Advanced Security properties in Windows.
While there are zfs utilities that can be used to set ACLs in FreeBSD, smb shares are meant to have their ACLs managed via Windows, as the whole point of smb shares is to utilize them on Windows.

Last edited:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Yes i am creating New Data sets via the FreeNAS web GUI
Then this is the reason it's not inheriting permissions. Newly minted datasets do not inherit permissions because they are for all intents and purposes discrete filesystems. Try creating all the datasets you need, then set permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.