Dedicated iSCSI target network interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlach

Patron
Hey all,

I am about to embark on my first FreeNAS install.

My plan is to do a relatively unusual setup. I plan on using iSCSI to share a RAIDz2 array directly connected to my main server.

If I do this, I won't be able to access the web management tool, as it will be behind my main server.

1.) Can I set up FreeNAS with two network interfaces, one dedicated for the iSCSI target, and another for the web interface? How do I do this?

2.) If not, is it possible to get to the management interface on the local machine? If so I can dedicate the NIC to iSCSI and just manage my storage from the local machine

Much obliged,
Matt

Razorblade

Dabbler
Hi mattlach,

1. Yes of course. :smile:
In the settings/general tab of the Freenas webgui there's a field where you can specify your WebGUI Address - just specify/add your LAN IP there.
Then add a second NIC, go to Network/Interfaces --> Add interface and enter the values for your iSCSI NIC. Then in iSCSI config add this IP address to the portal - check that this is the only IP unless you set up MPIO.

That should do it

mattlach

Patron
Hi mattlach,

1. Yes of course. :smile:
In the settings/general tab of the Freenas webgui there's a field where you can specify your WebGUI Address - just specify/add your LAN IP there.
Then add a second NIC, go to Network/Interfaces --> Add interface and enter the values for your iSCSI NIC. Then in iSCSI config add this IP address to the portal - check that this is the only IP unless you set up MPIO.

That should do it

Thank you very much!

All my parts are on their way, and I'm going to do my install as soon as 8.3 goes final.

Can't wait for this build. It's going to be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.