Datasets disappear with ZFS replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrodonkey

Explorer
I recently set up ZFS replication of my datasets to an external backup drive which already has a few previously existing backup datasets for one-off backups and other miscellaneous items. I accomplished this by pointing the destination dataset to localhost. That seems to work fine, but the existing datasets on the backup drive become available and /var/log/messages becomes flooded with the following:

Code:
Oct  8 08:32:57 freenas collectd[23156]: statvfs(/mnt/backup/jails/plex) failed: No such file or directory

There is one such line for each of my datasets.

I saw an older thread on this here but it's a few years old. In this thread it's implied that the datasets become unavailable as soon as another snapshot takes place. Since I have this set to 30 minutes on my system, the problem happens frequently.

Any ideas? I'll probably just need to turn this off for now and come up with another backup solution.

I am running FreeNAS-11.0-U4 (54848d13b).

Astrodonkey

Explorer
So... I am still seeing this even after updating to 11.1 and removing encryption from my external USB device. Not sure how to diagnose this. If anyone has any ideas I am all ears!

Status
Not open for further replies.