Dashboard Widgets say Degraded Pool, But Pool is Fine

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Hello,

I am using TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.0.1 and my Main Dashboard widgets for storage and pools all show my system pool as being degraded.
I recently replaced some drives, and all my drives are working fine now, and are all online with no errors, according to the Storage Dashboard, the Devices section, ZFS Health, etc..
I rebooted to refresh the widgets, but they persist in indicating that my pool is degraded, but again, they are the only things indicating a problem.
Should I just ignore this as a glitch, or is there some way to have them show the correct information?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Arwen

MVP
You have a Spare drive in use.

In the future, when using command or output text, please use CODE tags. Makes reading and diagnosing things easier.

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
My apologies Arwen,

I need to update system listing, but I can't seem to recall how to retrieve that information. If you would be so kind as to instruct me, I can show you the actual info for the system we are referring to.

Arwen

MVP
From the command line, run this command;
zpool status AllDataPool
Or substitute the real pool name, (I think "AllDataPool" is probably "RAllDataPool").
Then paste in the forum using CODE tags so the formatting is preserved.

Their are some other minor issues that cause warnings, that are also reasonably harmless. The GUI considers mismatched disk sizes an issue, (more than smaller mismatches).

For example, if most of the disks are 4TB but you have a 3TB in the vDev, (virtual device, aka RAID-Z2, etc...), the GUI is warning you that the vDev is limited in size to 3TB per disk. It is sometimes hard to explain. But, if you can also snapshot the GUI showing the message, that may help track down the issue.

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Here is the output from the command

root@Neptune[~]# zpool status AllDataPool pool: AllDataPool state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state. action: Replace the faulted device, or use 'zpool clear' to mark the device repaired. scan: resilvered 674G in 02:43:09 with 0 errors on Mon Nov 13 20:47:13 2023 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM AllDataPool DEGRADED 0 0 0 raidz2-0 DEGRADED 0 0 0 sdb2 ONLINE 0 0 0 sdf2 ONLINE 0 0 0 sdg2 ONLINE 0 0 0 sda2 ONLINE 0 0 0 f09b0686-8966-496f-8b72-acbea0c5dce2 ONLINE 0 0 0 sdd2 FAULTED 0 43 0 too many errors 348b9f26-1e73-4ed0-a40e-7481ec65f335 ONLINE 0 0 0 errors: No known data errors

Previously, the Devices screen did not show any disk problems at all. It now lists the sdd2 drive as faulted.

PS. what is the command to issue at the command prompt to get my system information. so I can update my system information here on my posts.
Sorry for the super-newbie questions. I have restricted most of my experience with TrueNas to the GUI so far.

Arwen

MVP
PS. what is the command to issue at the command prompt to get my system information. so I can update my system information here on my posts.
Sorry for the super-newbie questions. I have restricted most of my experience with TrueNas to the GUI so far.
I am not sure what you mean. Most people manually create there forum signatures with what they want other people to see about their NASes.

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Say for example, that I wanted to display the same type information that is currently displayed. How would I go about retrieving that information?
(the info currently included under my System Specs here, are for a completely different system - I would like to update it for clarity).

Arwen

MVP
Sorry, I can't walk you through getting that information. When I build or buy a computer, I know what is in it. Thus, I can easily make the first part of your signature. I don't know all the commands to gather the information. If I had to do this at work for a physical server, (aka not a VM), then I might use a various information from these commands to get the details;
dmesg dmidecode smartctl -a cat /proc/cpuinfo

The second part is simply from;
zpool status

EnigmaNas

Dabbler
Thank you, that should suffice.