Creating pools to share with CentOS

probson

Cadet
Hello,

I´m facing some problems with the pools i created:

We have a 3party software house with centos server installed. The usualy made backups for a small NAS we had working.

1 month ago we boutght a new server and installed the Freenas - Truenas Core. I created the pools and have acess to them with Windows Machines. Sinec the old NAS was already full, we created a new pool for the CentOs bakcup. The software house is having problems conecting to the pools i made:

The first problems:

1.Mounting the named share we made
[root@xxx/]# mount -t nfs -O user=IDS,pass=xxx ipxx:/HCARE /shared2
mount.nfs: mounting ipxxx:/HCARE failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory

Mounting without the name share we made:
[root@xxx/]# mount -t nfs -O user=IDS,pass=xxx ip.xxx:/ /shared2
mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting ip.xxx:/

Using CIFS to mount the share we get the folowing error after we put the password:
[root@xxxx/]# mount.cifs //ip.xxx/sharename /shared2 -o vers=4 user=IDS
Password:
mount error(95): Operation not supported

I removed the pools and made them again and now they send me the following errors:

root@xxx-name/]#mount -t cifs -o user=xxx,pass=xxxx //ipdestination/name/name /shared2
Unable to find suitable address.

[root@xxx-name/]# mount -t cifs -o user=xxx,pass=xxxx //ipdestination/name /shared2
Unable to find suitable address.

They can acess the disk where i have the Freenas installed but can´t acess the pools i made.

I created the pools with generic and not SMB. Could that be the problem.

I followed some guides for the installation of Freenas and creation of the Pools. Everything is working fine with the windows share execpt the centos that can´t acess the new pool i made.

Sorry for the gramatical errors. English language is not my native one and i´m a bit rusty on writing.