Creating an Auth Page, Prior To NAS GUI

panzerscope

Contributor
Hello All,

I want to be able to access my TrueNas GUI over the web externally. However I want to add an additional auth page prior to hitting the GUI login page for security reasons. What would be the best way of doing this ?

Thanks,
P

Alecmascot

Guru
If you use Open VPN then you would have to authenticate before you can access the NAS GUI.

danb35

Hall of Famer
In SCALE, use Traefik and Authentik or Authelia. See:

panzerscope

Contributor
In SCALE, use Traefik and Authentik or Authelia. See:
Looks great for the apps and I will be using it for those. I will have to look however how you would configure this for the standard TrueNas Server GUI as it is not strictly an app but after watching the video, I would imagine I can apply the steps for the dedicated domain I use for the NAS GUI.

Thanks again, I will post my feedback soon once I get a moment to run through it :)

danb35

Hall of Famer

underpickled

Contributor
Looks like this link doesn't work anymore, but even so, external services doesn't seem to work with traefik basic auth. I'm able to redirect to the UI through it, but adding the auth middleware causes it to return 404.

EDIT: whoops, spoke too soon, just needed to restart traefik apparently

qiqiandfei

Cadet
Hello All,

I want to be able to access my TrueNas GUI over the web externally. However I want to add an additional auth page prior to hitting the GUI login page for security reasons. What would be the best way of doing this ?

Thanks,
P
May be traefik and External-service can help you to get this,you can try it following below steps:
Precondition:
Added catlog of truecharts,Installed traefik,exterrnal-service and keep them running.
Step:
1. Configuring Middleware in traefik like this:
1708667375415.png

2. Add the Auth that step1 to the External-service, like this:
1708667869379.png

1708667982062.png

4. save your configuration

Attention:
The status of the external service is always "stop". It's okay because that's how it's designed.