Create virtual machine reveals error "Only one Virtual CPU is allowed in this system"

Tried to create my first VM on TrueNAS. (Very psyched for KVM on TrueNAS btw). However, I got this error "Only one Virtual CPU is allowed in this system" so I seem to not be able to choose more than 1 socket or more than 1 core. This is a problem for me. Is anyone else running into this?

The full error:
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 137, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=self,
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1215, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 469, in create
    rv = await self.middleware._call(
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1215, in _call
    return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1021, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/vm/vms.py", line 109, in do_create
    verrors.check()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/service_exception.py", line 62, in check
    raise self
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] vm_create.vcpus: Only one Virtual CPU is allowed in this system.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
This one is a Xeon E5520. Is this going to be a limitation for all 11th gen Dell stuff? I have a few other same-gen stuff, so I might be able to find a same-socket proc that can handle the limit. I do show vt-x support though. I'll read through the post you linked to find the specific limitation.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The E5520 is a Nehalem, according to Intel ARK. According to the thread I posted, this is a hardware limit with the Nehalems. To have more than 1 guest, you have to have a processor newer than that. The immediately succeeding generation, the Westmeres, overcame this limit.

Thanks, I'm seeing that as well. I'll have to check my CPU inventory for a Westmere SKU.

Thank you for your help Samuel!