Container Host networking (Gerbera & Multicast)

MartinHerrman

Dabbler
Hi all,

I am getting my first experience with K8S/Docker containers. I want to start a container based on a gerbera-transcoding image provided by https://hub.docker.com/r/gerbera/gerbera . The documentation says:

UPnP relies on having clients and servers able to communicate via IP Multicast. The default docker bridge network setup does not support multicast. The easiest way to achieve this is to use "host networking". Connecting Gerbera to your network via the "macvlan" driver should work, but remember you will not be able to access the container from the docker host with this method by default.

Based on the docker networking documentation host networking and macvlan are two different solutions. As host networking seems to be the easiest one that is a perfect solution for my home network, I would like to apply it.

The documentation also explains how to apply it, just run docker with the following arguments:

Code:
-d --network host

Now my question is: how do I enable host networking one Truenas Scale? (I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0). I can't find any field / configuration option that allows me to add this to the docker startup command. Do I overlook something? Or is this something I should change manually in a file and then restart the container? If so, a hint on the location of this file is appreciated :smile:

Thanks for your help!

MartinHerrman

Dabbler
Do not add an external (network) interface, then tick 'provide access to node network namespace for workload'?