Confusing pool lock symbols

Papid1975

Dabbler
What do these lock symbols next to pools and datasets (in TrueNAS-12.0-U3) exactly mean?

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 10.20.35.png

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 10.20.40.png

I would assume it refers to the encryption state of the respective pool/dataset.

This can’t be the full truth though as I have set up the above pools/datasets exactly the same (AES-256-GCM, datasets inheriting), yet the lock symbol for dataset2 is missing (as if it was unencrypted).

Another strange thing is that dataset1 seems to be locked according to the icon, yet I am able to access the data inside.

ændrük

Cadet
From the source it looks like there are three icons that might be shown:
So the apparent lock on dataset1 is just a misleading UI design. I don’t understand why dataset2 has no icon, though; I’d expect it to be the same.

douglasg14b

Dabbler
Does anyone else have info on the meaning of this? Is everything encrypted, or not?

`Backups` for example, is an encrypted pool that is replicated here. Is that encrypted with the original pool's key, and then encrypted under the offsite backup? TO use/restore this I would need two keys, not just one?

Are the other pools/datasets encrypted, or not?

My objective is to replicate the datasets here, encrypted with ONLY the `Offsite_Backup` key. But I don't know what this is actually telling me...

1654302814898.png