Config recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphs

Cadet
Hello fellowes, I have an NM10F-E mini DTX board ( zotac ) that is equipped with 2x2Gb of DDR2-800 memory.

I have the idea to build on this a NAS equipped with 2x2Tb Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (ST2000DL003) hard drives that will run in RAID1, purely to store sensitive data ( eg pictures and other items I just do not want to loose! ). I also like to have one 2Tb drive available for sabnzbd where I can store downloads. Before getting in to details the core here is what would be wise in this matter: can I use my motherboards hardware raid ( 2 disks in Raid-1 ), shall I use the upcoming 8.2 release or better use FreeNAS7. Also in terms of performance how should I format my RAID drives as I understood ZFS is a no go with <4Gb memory and like to have good performance as well on the third drive, thus how should the third drive be formatted considering sabnzbd should be downloading on that drive and the RAID array can go to sleep mode while it is unused.

That is what is keeping me busy at the moment, looking forward to your recommendations. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.