SOLVED Cloud Sync and Taking of Snapshot

Chris3773

Dabbler
I'm trying to use the "Take Snapshot" before pushing data to the cloud using the Cloud Sync Task. However I'm getting the error "This option is only available for datasets that have no further nesting" when I don't have any nested datasets. The directory I'm syncing to the cloud sync is a single dataset with no datasets below it, however the folders inside seem to be causing the error to show. Looking at how the snapshots work with them being tied to datasets the error would makes since if I had datasets below but I only have folders. Testing with a dataset with only files works just fine but having a single folder will cause the error.

Is there something I'm missing, a way to by pass the error or is it a bug?

gordon19284

Dabbler
Same issue, running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02-RC.1-2. What I've found is I can't select the root directory of any dataset when using the Snapshot option, even if it contains no nested datasets. If I instead select a directory within the root as the source, it works fine, even if that directory contains subdirectories. I feel like this has to be a bug. It makes the snapshot option kind of useless.