CIFS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochaka

Dabbler
While streaming video to my TV, sometime it freezes for a while and then just dies. I thought it was a problem with my TV, but i can see some weird stuff in my FreeNAS log to do with smbd. Everytime it takes a while to load the share or the video freezes, something like this freezes. I've tried a fresh copy of FreeNAS downloaded last night, but still the same problem

Dec 16 11:14:58 freenas smbd[6689]: [2013/12/16 11:14:58.092923, 0] smbd/process.c:244(read_packet_remainder)
Dec 16 11:14:58 freenas smbd[6689]: read_fd_with_timeout failed for client 0.0.0.0 read error = NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yeah you know, putting a picture of a hot chick will always make nerds jump faster to help you out. let's see how that works.

So you're zero for one.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Me first..... me first! I don't want sloppy seconds!

What is really funny about this is your profile picture is blocked on my browser. DrKK had to explain it to me for me to understand the joke.

I'm not sure where you're going to the conclusion that its a FreeNAS problem when the errors on the server may be it responding to your TVs problem.

Mochaka

Dabbler
I started using NFS and the same problem occured. I then tried difference computers and the same issue occured too. I'm thinking it's a FreeNAS or Hardware issue

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is the issue happening randomly or is it easily reproducible?

Status
Not open for further replies.