cifs and extended acl problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

toor108

Cadet
Hi All,

I've spent some time on it and only got tired, probably I miss some relevant information here...
I'm using FreeNAS-9.2.1.7-RELEASE-x86 and my CIFS shares use Unix permissions. I have to use extended acl to have necessary granularity. Here comes the problem:

[root@freenas] /mnt/storage# ls -ld Ewidencja/
drwx------+ 5 Maciek Ewidencja 512 Sep 8 23:14 Ewidencja//

[root@freenas] /mnt/storage# getfacl Ewidencja/
# file: Ewidencja/
# owner: Maciek
# group: Ewidencja
user:Iza:rwxpDdaARWcCos:------:allow
owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
group@:------a-R-c--s:------:allow
everyone@:------a-R-c--s:------:allow

So when user Iza is logged through ssh she has all above (extended) permissions to the directory and can create files directories etc.
but using smbclient Iza can't even list the content of directory:
smb: \> ls
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \*

it looks like using samba only the standard unix privileges are considered and extended acl not - does it work "as designed" or I missed something? I double checked different options and so on but haven't found anything.

Thx,
Piotr

toor108

Cadet
Hmm, am I so ignorant that nobody wants to answer me or the question isn't clear enough :smile:? I don't believe it's so unpopular case, any input would be helpful even if you don't know how to solve it but you know that such a solution should work out of the box...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Both? Just kidding. You're asking about file permissions, and they are summarily ignored because it's something you have to understand for yourself. Don't feel bad. Pretty much everyone ignores file permissions threads because they aren't something you can easily explain or deal with in a forum setting.

toor108

Cadet
well :) extended acl are set correctly on the system level - this is tested - unfortunately samba ignores them therefore the question is: is it normal that samba ignore extended acls or I have to do something addtional to make it working :)?

D

dlavigne

Don't use Unix ACLs. Use Windows ACLs, then set the desired permissions using the Windows client.

Status
Not open for further replies.