BUILD Cheaper alternative to asrock c2750?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nkey_

MVP
Yes, you can probably go with a SuperMicro X11 board with Intel Pentium or Core i3 for less than that board.

You'll also paying a premium for the C2750 as it's Mini ITX.

Those boards have been failing in great numbers due a design screwup. ASRock has found and fixed the issue, and has been replacing boards, even outside the 3 year warrantee. If you can wait a few weeks to get the replacement board, you should contact ASRock.

Search this forum for several threads discussing the spate of failures, and ASRock's response.

Oded

Explorer
Those boards have been failing in great numbers due a design screwup. ASRock has found and fixed the issue, and has been replacing boards, even outside the 3 year warrantee. If you can wait a few weeks to get the replacement board, you should contact ASRock.

Search this forum for several threads discussing the spate of failures, and ASRock's response.
Really! Didn't know that.. didn't even know the warranty is for 3 years. I bought on may 4th,2014 so it just now expired. I'll contact asrock, thank you!

Oded

Explorer
Th
Yes, you can probably go with a SuperMicro X11 board with Intel Pentium or Core i3 for less than that board.

You'll also paying a premium for the C2750 as it's Mini ITX.

Thanks. I probably should have mentioned I want to keep the same box,psu and ecc ram.

Redcoat

MVP
To read up on this failure phenomenon, search the forum for C2750 - you'll find multiple posts that detail the several issues affecting it (not all attributable to ASRock).

Send your "help request" email to william@asrockamerica.com - he has proved both responsive and very helpful to many here.

For your calibration, I recently went through this failure but under the supplier umbrella of iXsystems as I have a FreeNAS Mini.

zoomzoom

Guru
I'd also ask William if he could send you a spare BMC chip (you'll need to specify the NCSI & IPMI MACs for pre-programming), as well as the 8KByte BmcDef DOS executable (it's handy to have, so make a few backup copies, and store them on a few different devices).
  • I'd attach mine, but I can't remember if it's a custom built executable with the MACS pre-programmed in, as I know the SOCWMAC DOS executable is.

Status
Not open for further replies.