Can't shutdown freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

zale

Cadet
Hello!

I've installed freenas on a old pc I had arround, and everything seems to work fine. Except for one thing, when I click to shutdown, either via webgui, either via the shutdown option the pc, it only reboots instead of shuting down.

I think the problem lies on the fact that freenas is installed on a flash drive. I found somewhere that this could be solved by adding "hw.usb.no_shutdown_wait=1" to loader.conf. The thing is, I'm not sure if this would do anything and have no idea of how to do this with commands.

Also, if someone could point me to a tutorial on how to access my freenas pc from the outside world, that would be great.

Thanks!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Could you do me a favor and follow the forum rules and give us all the tasty gouge on your system? That would help out.. alot.

Thanks.

zale

Cadet
Could you do me a favor and follow the forum rules and give us all the tasty gouge on your system? That would help out.. alot.

Thanks.

Sorry, on the other thread that was not important so I ignored that. It's an old machine: 200gbhdd, 2gb ram. I'm not really sure about the rest of the specs. Freenas is the 32 bits version and it's installed with success on a flash drive.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.