Can't see list of installed plugins, and can't install new plugins

rdybro

Dabbler
Hi all,
I have an issue with my FreeNAS. I recently upgraded to version 11.2 U4.1 on the stable train.

I wanted to update my Plex plugin, but the UI didn't work for me, so I did it through the CLI. I stopped the jail, and ran iocage update plex. This worked as intended, and my Plex was updated.

However, now when I go to Plugins >> Installed, I get the error below.

Code:
Expecting ',' delimiter: line 313 column 2 (char 12893)

Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 131, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 91, in _run
    return await self._call(name, serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 84, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 546, in list_resource
    index_json = json.load(index_fd)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 299, in load
    parse_constant=parse_constant, object_pairs_hook=object_pairs_hook, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
    obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: line 313 column 2 (char 12893)
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting ',' delimiter: line 313 column 2 (char 12893)

I can close the error message, but my list of plugins never loads. I also don't seem to be able to install new plugins. The error message is way shorter though, it only says Expecting ',' delimiter: line 313 column 2 (char 12893).

Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards, Rasmus

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    184.7 KB · Views: 347

crfranck

Cadet
This just happened to me as well. I was trying to upgrade my Plex jail with the latest plugin. BUT... I also wanted to change the name of the jail. Here is the order of my commands:

iocage list
^^ lists all of my jails correctly
iocage update plexmediaserver-plexpass
Snapshot already exists!
iocage snapshot plexmediaserver-plexpass
Snapshot: DataVolume/iocage/jails/plexmediaserver-plexpass@2019-06-05_11:48:50 created.
iocage rename plexmediaserver-plexpass plex
Jail: plexmediaserver-plexpass renamed to plex
iocage list
^^ lists all of my jails correctly
iocage start plex

PLEX comes back online.

iocage upgrade plex
Snapshotting plex...
Updating plugin INDEX...
/mnt/DataVolume/iocage/jails/plex/plex.json was not found!

I begin to freak out.

iocage upgrade plex
Snapshotting plex...
Snapshot already exists!
iocage rename plex plexmediaserver-plexpass
Jail: plex renamed to plexmediaserver-plexpass
iocage start plexmediaserver-plexpass
* Starting plexmediaserver-plexpass
+ Started OK
+ Configuring VNET OK
+ Starting services OK
iocage upgrade plexmediaserver-plexpass
Snapshotting plexmediaserver-plexpass...
Snapshot already exists!

At this point I noticed the installed plugin list will not load with the follow error:
Code:
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1097, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1042, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1062, in _call_worker
    return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 996, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 972, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))

I go into the GUI and remove all snapshots created today. PLEX is running correctly.

iocage upgrade plexmediaserver-plexpass
Snapshotting plexmediaserver-plexpass...
Updating plugin INDEX...
Running upgrade...

Testing SRV response to iocage-plugins
Testing DNSSEC response to iocage-plugins

Installing plugin packages:
- multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass...
- multimedia/ffmpeg...

plexmediaserver-plexpass successfully upgraded!

I then start the PLEX jail and PLEX comes back online and is correctly updates. The available plugin list still errors out.