Can't restore config files to Plex

kherr

Explorer
TNC 12 - U6.1
Plex jail
HDHomeRun jail

What I did .... :

So before installing a new M/B (Asrock server board w/3700X) and Memory (ECC) I backed up my TN config, made sure my backup server was up to date and backed up some 140K of Plex config/meta files to my desktop. An ounce of prevention ...... I thought.

Well ... my M/B turned out to be VERY particular as to location of cards, it took a while and reconfigurations to sort it all out. I restored my TN config and thought I lost my 10G card, so I temporarily resorted to the M/B Nic and reconfigured jails/TN. Once I thought everything was working (10G and all), the jails weren't talking to the outside world ..... corrupted jails maybe ...... well it takes 20 mins total to reinstall both jails..... oh well to losing all my customizations in Plex ..... but I have the entire directory backed up :smile::smile:.

I upgraded to U7, reinstalled the jails ..... still no communication. Long process of elimination resulted in the fact that VNet had quit working. Searched the forum and found a tunable to fix that ...... end result .... I hadn't needed to reinstall the jails, thus resetting all my customizations in Plex ...... no worry I have the entire directory backed up :smile::smile:.

Problem:

Now the problem .... something changed in the iocage structure and one can no longer change the permissions in order to restore (Write) to jails. Before one could simply change the ACLs as a normal dataset. I get the "EPERM" error. iocage permissions can't be changed.
All users belong to all groups .... just 3 users ... me, plex and root. There are no restrictions in any of the permissions ..... I'm 1 person in the house and 99.9% are media files and desktop program data files ..... no business files.

So ....... in non-geek speak ...... how can I get access to restore the files.

A always ..... Tia .... Kevin