Can't mount NFS share on Linux (Ubuntu)

Noiden

Cadet
I have created a NFS share but can't mount it on Linux. Well I can mount it but the user and group gets weird numbers.

drwxrwx--- 4 921 921 4 Feb 20 20:42 Incoming/

Also when I go in to that folder and make a list. I get thiss error,

ls: reading directory '.': Input/output error

I have searched this forum and tried all different of settings, but can't get it to work.

My settings for the moment are like this,

Storage > Pools

Dataset with ACL Mode Passthrough.

Permissions

1582320891550.png

Sharing > Unix Shares (NFS)
  • All dirs and Quiet is enabled.
  • Authorized Networks is my whole subnet. 192.168.1.0/24
  • Mapall User: root
  • Mapall Group: FileShare
Linux mount

The mount on the Linux server is like this,

fileserver.home:/mnt/Storage/Files/Incoming on /mnt/Incoming type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4.1,rsize=131072,wsize=131072,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.1.26,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.1.25)

Groups

I'm using the FileShare Group which have the same gid on both the FreeNAS and Linux machine.

I'm can't figure out what it is. So need some help. :)

Thanks.

//Noiden

KrisBee

Wizard
Which version of FreeNAS are you using? ID 921 is used by Transmission - those "weird numbers" appear in linux if that id is used in FreeNAS but is not present in your liunx install. The i/o error can happen if you mount the wrong path or try to access a child dataset when only the parent dataset is mounted for example. Your screen grab is for dataset "Lagring/incoming" while you seem to have mounted something else in linux.

Please post the output of the FreeNAS shell command cat /etc/exports

What is the exact mount command you used in linux?

Noiden

Cadet
Version: FreeNAS-11.3-RELEASE

From the first time I tried to mount to a direcory under /mnt/Storage/Files/Incoming where the dataset was "Files" under dataset "Storage" and Incoming was just a folder and not a dataset.

Then I created a dataset "Incoming" instead and forgot to change my mount directory on the Linux box. o_O

It work now, I didn't mount to the correct dataset, I changed my mount path and now it works.

Thanks