Can't log in after update

cuulblu1

Cadet
The first time I installed I set a username and password. I was never able to log into the web GUI.

So I reinstalled and did not set a username or password. The first time I accessed the web GUI it forced me to set a password. I then proceeded to install updates. Now I can not log into the web GUI. Resetting the password from the SSH does not help. I still can not log in from the web GUI.

I see a lot of posts with other people having similar problems. I've tried the suggested solutions in those posts. This seems to be a major issue that needs to be addressed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

cuulblu1

Cadet
Ok, I got it. The username to log in is "root" This is so confusing. If I have to set a pasword why can I not set the log in username?

Ok, I got it. The username to log in is "root" This is so confusing. If I have to set a pasword why can I not set the log in username?
That's why a while back I submitted this bug report, and made a forum post about this design flaw:

I would hope more people could vote for this issue.

Synology, I'm guessing?

Just keep in mind it uses Btrfs, rather than ZFS; the latter of which has better maturity and stronger development / maintenance.

cuulblu1

Cadet
ZFS which has better maturity and stronger development / maintenance.

Irrelevant since TruNAS isn't going to run on my hardware. Not to mention the snarky attitude I got here from the admin staff.

awasb

Patron