Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFlorida

Dabbler
FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v5 @ 3.50GHz
32560MB
SuperMicro X11SSM-F

I'm trying to install the PlexMediaServer plugin.
I get the error 'can't find template' after a long try to download.
it sometimes downloads 1/6 but almost always fails by 2/6.

I had the system manually configured for IP and gateway ( since it can do a system update I didn't think this was the problem ).
I tried to switch to DHCP, but I don't think that made any difference at all.
I have Fiber or a gigabit internet connection.
the system has 32G of RAM and plenty of storage space.

is it possible for me to just download the files and manually upload them to the NAS?
I have already Googled this problem, everything I found was fairly old and those people did not default gateway configured, that is not my problem.

Try creating a regular jail and see what happens. If that fails as well make sure your jail configuration is correct and then check your networking again/post your setup. May also want to post the output of ifconfig.

JoeFlorida

Dabbler
I've tried several things, it appears that IP4 is working just fine but IPv6 is not working. ( i can ping google with ping but not with ping6 ).
it finds the correct IPv6 address to use to but it doesn't route packets for some reason. I will look into this next. if I can't figure it out I will post some routine and ifconfig information

JoeFlorida

Dabbler
grrr, it's routing all IPv6 to lo0 which is localhost IPv6 style, they should be routing to igb0. I haven't quite figured out how to change it. It says the route to the router already exists and it displays connected to lo0

route -6n get fe80::de7f:a4ff:fede:8bd
route to: fe80::de7f:a4ff:fede:8bd
destination: fe80::
mask: fe80::
gateway: ::1
fib: 0
interface: lo0

JoeFlorida

Dabbler
Code:
# netstat -6rn
Routing tables
Internet6:
Destination					   Gateway					   Flags	  Netif Expire
::/96							 ::1						   UGRS		lo0
default						   fe80::de7f:a4ff:fede:8bd	  UGS		 lo0
::1							   link#3						UH		  lo0
::ffff:0.0.0.0/96				 ::1						   UGRS		lo0
2602:30a:2ed9:xxx::/64		   link#1						U		  igb0
2602:30a:2ed9:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx link#1						UHS		 lo0
fe80::/10						 ::1						   UGRS		lo0
fe80::%igb0/64					link#1						U		  igb0
fe80::ec4:7aff:fe86:9efc%igb0	 link#1						UHS		 lo0
fe80::%lo0/64					 link#3						U		   lo0
fe80::1%lo0					   link#3						UHS		 lo0
ff01::%igb0/32					fe80::ec4:7aff:fe86:9efc%igb0 U		  igb0
ff01::%lo0/32					 ::1						   U		   lo0
ff02::/16						 ::1						   UGRS		lo0
ff02::%igb0/32					fe80::ec4:7aff:fe86:9efc%igb0 U		  igb0
ff02::%lo0/32					 ::1						   U		   lo0

I'm not sure how to fix this routing table. the ::/96 and the default are pointing to the lo0 ( or localhost ). How do I delete those and get them pointing to igb0 ?

To be honest if it's an IPv6 issue I am making the guess that it's network wide and therefore probably an issue with your router. The simple solution is to just turn it off. Go into each jail settings and disable IPv6. I had an issue at one point with a router I was using where IPv6 wasn't well supported and while the rest of my network was fine FreeNAS jails would act up.

It's not like IPv6 in the jails brings a whole lot to the table anyway. I think the only thing I have running that even uses it is Syncthing. Plex kinda supports it but I quit trying to enable the IPv6 mode because when it was turned on it would pretty much kill the ability to access.

JoeFlorida

Dabbler
I'm not sure how my network settings got messed up so bad, I can only assume it was when I upgraded the motherboard, the old NIC settings were somehow in there.

to solve my network issues, I went to console ( IPMI ) and manually reset the network settings for igb0, I then reconfigured igb0 and made IP4 use DHCP, and left out IPv6 and finally I did a reboot of the system.

It looks to me it was trying to do the downloads via IPv6 and it wasn't configured right ( all if my IPv6 went to the localhost network )
I may try to reconfigure the IPv6 but I really don't need it for just my home use, at least at this time I don't need it.

thanks for the help.
now it downloads jails and plug-ins just fine and IPv6 is not in the mix at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.