Yeah yeah I know "plugins" are getting phased out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary Buddha

Contributor
But, does anybody know of documentation for manually updating a plugin?

In short the Plex plugin is awesome, but the maintainers seem to require some assistance in updating the plugin for FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1).

I've done a few GNU Linux chroot jails. But, I haven't really been able to play around with FreeBSD jail setup for stuff. I wish I had the extra hardware to mess around with setting up BSD jails.

kdragon75

Wizard
Linux jails are dead on 11+ Plugins are being redone in iocage instead of warden. What's holding you on 9.10? Don't update to the BETA 11.2 but 11.1U4 has been solid for me.

kdragon75

Wizard
Oh and once the 11.2-release is out, the new jail system SHOULD be much better about keeping things up to date.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I don't believe we're going to see any further updates for PBI/warden plugins. If you want to update your own installation, the PMS_Updater script gets mentioned a lot around here.

Binary Buddha

Contributor
Oh and once the 11.2-release is out, the new jail system SHOULD be much better about keeping things up to date.
I don't believe we're going to see any further updates for PBI/warden plugins. If you want to update your own installation, the PMS_Updater script gets mentioned a lot around here.

Yeah, as I said I know they're getting phased out. I'm just worried about losing a bunch of data and having to set everything backup up again (aside from setting up the plugin/container new stuff).

kdragon75

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.