Can't install plugin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmhw2024

Dabbler
Hello everyone! I installed yesterday the latest version of FreeNas but for some problem with CIFS, and after reading some post here that said that older versions were better, I installed the 9.2.0.
I solved the problems with CIFS but now I can't install any plugin (tried minidlna and plex). If I try to do that, I get "unable to find template".

I'm a newbie and I read in some posts of this forum something about "jail"... could you explain what I should do to install at least a dlna server?
Thank you very much!

tmhw2024

Dabbler
Thank you but I've already saw that doc page and it's not a network problem. Infact I can see all the plugins and I can also ping an address on internet from the NAS (using putty as a ssh client)

PS= I forgot to say that the installation of plugins stops always to 25%

ric

Contributor
Same here, cannot download any of the plugins. My network connection on my freenas is fine and I can reach any host outside of my freenas without any problem.

Current Build: Freenas-9.2.1

Please advise.

tmhw2024

Dabbler
I really hope it's a their problem. In 3 days I installed 4 OS which 2 of them were two different version of freenas!

tmhw2024

Dabbler
I solved with Two or three random attempts creating manually a jail and installing after the plugin. Thanks you all guys!

Curtipus

Dabbler
I solved with Two or three random attempts creating manually a jail and installing after the plugin. Thanks you all guys!

Do you have any further details of how you went through the process of manually creating a jail and then installing the plugin? I can't seem to make a successful attempt.

Just like you, I downgraded to 9.2.0 for better CIFS functionality (because 9.2.1.6 CIFS doesn't do anonymous permissions properly, or should I say at all) and have run into the same plugin/jail issue you have.

For anyone else listening, here's further information:

Hardware: Dell Poweredge R210 II E3 1230-v2 16GB ECC
Software: FreeNas-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64
I know that this is not a network problem. I can ping outside sources such as google.com just fine.

tmhw2024

Dabbler
Do you have any further details of how you went through the process of manually creating a jail and then installing the plugin? I can't seem to make a successful attempt.

Just like you, I downgraded to 9.2.0 for better CIFS functionality (because 9.2.1.6 CIFS doesn't do anonymous permissions properly, or should I say at all) and have run into the same plugin/jail issue you have.

For anyone else listening, here's further information:

Hardware: Dell Poweredge R210 II E3 1230-v2 16GB ECC
Software: FreeNas-9.2.0-RELEASE-x64
I know that this is not a network problem. I can ping outside sources such as google.com just fine.
You know, I find some things on FreeNas really really random! I mean, now I upgraded FreeNas from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.5 without problems for CIFS but when I did the first installation with the 9.2.1.5 cifs didn't function. After some failed attempts to create the jail, it started to go! I changed my pendrive where was installed FreeNas and it didn't boot for some obscure problem, after three/four times that I formatted the pendrive, Freenas went magically!

I don't know what further information I could give you, but I know one thing: don't stop trying! Anyway what I could suggest you is to update to the 9.2.1.5 and try again to create JUST THE JAIL. The time that the jail will go, will be easy to install only the plugin!

Whattteva

Wizard
EDIT: It may be that you have stale templates. Check if there are any template datasets under your pool/jails dataset.

Curtipus

Dabbler
You know, I find some things on FreeNas really really random! I mean, now I upgraded FreeNas from 9.2.0 to 9.2.1.5 without problems for CIFS but when I did the first installation with the 9.2.1.5 cifs didn't function. After some failed attempts to create the jail, it started to go! I changed my pendrive where was installed FreeNas and it didn't boot for some obscure problem, after three/four times that I formatted the pendrive, Freenas went magically!

I don't know what further information I could give you, but I know one thing: don't stop trying! Anyway what I could suggest you is to update to the 9.2.1.5 and try again to create JUST THE JAIL. The time that the jail will go, will be easy to install only the plugin!

Thanks for the update. I've gotten myself happily acquainted to 9.2.0 and after a few magical attempts the jail has been working non-stop now for weeks. CIFS is also working well for me too. I think I'll stay away from updating for as long as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.