Status
Not open for further replies.

airflow

Contributor
hi,

i'd like to install java to use on my freenas. installation fails:
Code:
[root@fractal] ~# pkg_add -r java
Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/Latest/java.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-stable/Latest/java.tbz' by URL

i have to say, other ports (like unison) work fine, and can be downloaded and installed. what about java, do i have to update the location somehow? what's the recommended way to install java?

thanks a lot,
airflow

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
In a jail. You SHOULD NOT attempt to modify the install of FreeNAS itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You shouldn't be installing anything on FreeNAS. FreeNAS is an appliance and any changes will be removed on update. If you want to run programs on your FreeNAS box that's what jails are for.

airflow

Contributor
You shouldn't be installing anything on FreeNAS. FreeNAS is an appliance and any changes will be removed on update. If you want to run programs on your FreeNAS box that's what jails are for.

this is exactly the same as i thought and did - i tried the above command in a newly created jail (standard) and it gave exactly the above given errormessage.

regards

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
this is exactly the same as i thought and did - i tried the above command in a newly created jail (standard) and it gave exactly the above given errormessage.

regards

sounds like your NAS doesnt have access to the internet. does it have a gateway configured?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Why don't you use pkg-ng instead of pkg_add? The old package system is like 2 months from being shutdown...

cyberjock

Inactive Account

Sunseeker

Cadet
I also need to install Java, and i got the same error message like airflow. i´m using FN 9.2.1.6.

First of all i have to say that i´m totally new to all this stuff with freebsd using a shell, commands and so on... but i looked at your link and there is a version: openjdk7.tbz
When i try to install this i got still the same error, the jail is created and i´m trying to install this in this path: /mnt/NAS/Pluginjails/Java

Any idea ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.