Can't find PlexMS directory to install Trakt add-on bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
Got the Plex Media Server (PMS) running fine (using RasPlex on a raspberrypi (1) B+ as the TV client).

I want to install a third-party bundle designed to sync your watch history with your trakt cloud account. From what I can see, it should work if I can locate the directory within PMS on FreeNAS. The instructions provided are for Windows or Linux, and I just can't find the right folder to drop the add-on bundle into.

The add-on bundle lives here: https://github.com/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler

I haven't been able to find anything online where someone has specifically installed in onto PMS running on FreeNAS.

If there anyone with the skills, could you please tell me the path/folder to drop it into and how to do it through SSH (if file transfer is easy/possible through ssh/terminal).

Thanks all.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I had it running on my server for a while but my Plex Media Server is running in a jail and not a plugin, but it should be located in /var/lib/plexdata? On the plugin...

You can use filezilla to sftp to your FreeNAS and copy your plugin over to /mnt/poolname/jails/plex_1/path/to/plex

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
I had it running on my server for a while but my Plex Media Server is running in a jail and not a plugin, but it should be located in /var/lib/plexdata? On the plugin...
You can use filezilla to sftp to your FreeNAS and copy your plugin over to /mnt/poolname/jails/plex_1/path/to/plex

Unfortunately that's my problem - I found where the plugin .pbi is located, but I can't find where to dump the add-on folder. Here's the output of the plex plugin:

[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1# ls
./
.cshrc
.profile
bin/
dev/
lib/
media/
proc/
root/
sys@
usr/
../
.plugins/
COPYRIGHT
boot/
etc/
libexec/
mnt/
rescue/
sbin/
tmp/
var/
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1# cd .plugins
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins# ls
./
../
PLUGIN
plexmediaserver-0.9.16.6.1993-amd64.pbi
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins# cd plexmediaserver-0.9.16.6.1993-amd64.pbi
plexmediaserver-0.9.16.6.1993-amd64.pbi: Not a directory.
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/.plugins# cd PLUGIN
PLUGIN: Not a directory.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Are you trying to find the plug-ins folder?

/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

That one?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
That's right. I forgot it's under the usr/pbi directory.

Sadly that information is all over the plugins forum....

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
That's right. I forgot it's under the usr/pbi directory.

Sadly, I don't seem to be able to find the 'plexdata' folder anywhere (much less the plugin subdir).

I'm sure if I initially set it up incorrectly? (It's just the FreeNAS plugin - one click install) Or potentially a newer version or the plugin has been released, with a different file system? Or is the plexdata folder hidden or something?

Here's what's instide usr:
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64# ls
./ .
pbi-hash-list
control.py*
lib/
share/
../
.pbi-uids
default.png
libdata/
tests/
.auto-external-links .
sbin/
etc/
libexec/
www/
.headerdir/
bin/
freenas
man/
.oauth
control*
include/
plexmediaserverUI/
.pbi-gids
control.conf
info/
sbin/

And this is var:
[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/pbi# ls
./
../
.hashdir/
etc/
share/

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I just did a search with Google.

'freenas plexdata directory '

The first hit says it's /var/db/plexdata

What's hilarious is that hit is actually someone asking about installing trakt plugin....

NigelNoFriends

Explorer
I just did a search with Google.

'freenas plexdata directory '

The first hit says it's /var/db/plexdata

What's hilarious is that hit is actually someone asking about installing trakt plugin....

And there it is!

[root@freenas] /mnt/FreeNAS/jails/plexmediaserver_1/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins

That's very much for your help, gents.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Someone really needs to write a script to make this easier, it's been a nightmare process for a long time.
I'll be trying this in the next couple of days, it really shouldn't be this hard (or the damn application should just support third party plugins)

Status
Not open for further replies.