Can't Copy Files to FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

eytanbiala

Cadet
I can't copy anything to my NAS server, getting a "Not Enough Space" error, even though the drive is completely empty. I've added my drive as a mount point. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Darkaine

Explorer
Have you tried removing the volume (and share), then re-adding them? I know its a dumb thing to ask but just want to see the options here lol.

Darkaine

Explorer
Because, Its possible that something caused an error while mounting. I'd say some of the more experienced users would know more.

eytanbiala

Cadet
But the Status says OK and on the home page it shows 66 GB free, so I think it mounted okay.

to get the best help, we need as much info as possible.

how is your system setup, be as specific as possible.

eytanbiala

Cadet
It's an old Dell Dimension: 2.something GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB HDD. Right now I have only one mount point.
Anything other important info?

how are you trying to copy the file, cifs, ftp, scp, afp...
what are the file permissions on the folder and the parent folders.
what filesystem are you using.

eytanbiala

Cadet
How do I check the file permissions through the gui (it just shows "Custom Permissions" when I check the share on my computer)?

I'm using CIFS.

ProtoSD

MVP
Here's a screenshot of mine, but mine are wide open. Also my owner & group are probably different from yours. Anyway, this is where you want to try changing things.

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
cifs-permissions1.jpg

eytanbiala

Cadet
Hmm..I think I'm using FreeNAS 7. Is there a way to upgrade to v8 through my WebGUI? Are there any features that change (someone had mentioned that there is no BitTorrent client in FreeNAS8)?

ProtoSD

MVP
There's whole lot of stuff that changed, and a lot of bells & whistles from .7 are gone. There is no way to upgrade from the GUI from .7 to 8, it has to be a clean install. They're working on a way to do this, but they have other priorities right now. Also, there are some potential issues that may really mess things up (data loss), if you don't do some thorough research here. I don't know what they are offhand, but I've seen it discussed on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.