Can't configure second NIC for iSCSI

RazarJP

Cadet
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this world, so if mislead or forget some information, please tell me. (My english is a work in progress, I'm from Brazil)

I'm running truenas scale (last build - switched from core because bsd doesn't recognized my second nic) and I'm having some issues with iSCSI Portals.

I have two NICs, an onboard wich I've set to samba and plex (ends with 50) and it works fine, easy to configure. (samba.png)

The second one (ends with 60) I've bought just to use with iSCSI (me and my dady uses to share two zvol for steam games) and I just can't how to figure out set the ip for portals. (nics.png)

I've search the whole internet, this forum and documentation can't find how to add this NIC to iSCSI.

My Portal interface just show me 0.0.0.0. (portals.png)

No matter what I do, I just can't make this work.

I've built this server from a old computer, specs:

Proc: i5 4460 3.2Ghz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz
MoBo: MSI Z97-Z43 Gaming
Second NIC: TP-Link TG-3468
1x 120GB NVMe PCI-E (boot-pool)
4x 500GB (Samba - Plex Library)
1x 2TB (iSCSI Steam Library)
1x 500GB External (Backup Storage for my work)

Attachments

• nics.png
    nics.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 149
  • samba.png
    samba.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 143
  • portals.png
    portals.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 141

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
You'll need to describe the IP addresses and subnets you are using along with default routes.

Are the two NICs being used on the same subnet? Its better to just have all protocols on the same ports and IP addresses.

RazarJP

Cadet
Yes, they are in the same subnet, my IPs are being managed by the router and only by router, they are static too, binded by MAC. And routes are the deafult router gateway. I've factory restored the options since the post to see if it helps, still the same.

Now:
Onboard: 192.168.0.50
Second NIC: 192.168.0.60
Route on TrueNAS/Gateway: 192.168.0.1

I've manage to workarround this with Statitc Routes on TrueNAS:
Destination: 192.168.0.100 (my pc) - Gateway: 192.168.0.50
Destination: 192.168.0.200 (my dad's pc) - Gateway: 192.168.0.60

I think that is not the best, but it is working for now, but, I would like to configure everything in the future.

My plans are to let two NICs for my pc and my dad's pc to access iSCSI (two different drives too) and the onboard lan to plex, samba and management.

Thanks for reply =)

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Onboard: 192.168.0.50
Second NIC: 192.168.0.60

This is a broken configuration and is not expected to work correctly.

See

RazarJP

Cadet
Like I said, I'm new to this, just throwing a link and say that is a broken configuration doesn't help me at all, because I'm learning english and there's a lot of terms that I've never heard before and it's about professional TI. Sorry for being newbie and because of that not imagine that things don't work like it supose to be in theory, because is the first time in my life with a rig with two NICs.

Anyway, I've read it twice, and it ends that I'll need to search for everything that I don't know and try to figure it out by myself, it's a start.

Thanks for reply =)