Can't access Nextcloud from WAN and iOS app

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it also uses port 80 which can be problematic since on home connections it is generally a no go. Port 443 will only work if you are using HTTPS connections and that will also require the app to be able to use that as well.

To make it work via web browser you could do a port forward while redirecting to 80 or try and get owncloud off of port 80 but then you also have to get the application to play nice. With a web browser it's a non issue to use a non standard port, kinda like how Plex does i.e. 555.555.555.555:32400/web/ to send traffic over port 32400. But getting an app that is hard coded to work the same way is a different story.

It will also depend on if your router can forward while redirecting to a different port. Some can but if it's a combo modem router you may as well forget it.

luckyal

Dabbler
My router has a setting for external and internal ports in the port forwarding options. I'm trying to figure out at least which ports to forward for the iOS app. It worked just fine when I tried the set up using the PBI install. I can't imagine that Joshua would do that entire write up for a cloud set up without ever considering mobile access setup. Maybe it's covered within the NGINX config file or something else, I'm not sure, but I'm not smart enough to figure this out on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.