Cannot unlock encrypted volume, need assistance please

Using passphrase to unlock, I get this error:
------------------------------------------------
Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U7 (b45bfcf29)
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://nas01.freenas.centaurihs.net...gress-ID=0dbddde1-69d4-4da4-85ca-25a3a1fb30fb

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
42. response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
249. response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
178. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
162. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
23. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/storage/views.py" in volume_unlock
1036. form.done(volume=volume)
File "./freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in done
2873. raise MiddlewareError(msg)

Exception Type: MiddlewareError at /storage/volume/2/unlock/
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: Volume could not be imported]
------------------------------------------------

Pretty good with technology, not a Linux guy but understand it enough to get by. Volume was configured as a RAID-Z2.
Found this link during search: https://www.ixsystems.com/community/threads/wrong-key-for-gptid-failed-to-geli-attach.13574/
Is it OK to detach volume and try to re-attach, or should I do something else first? I have geli.key and passphrase.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
If the passphrase doesn't work, you'll need to try the recovery key. This may or may not be the same as the geli.key.