Cannot ssh to TrueNAS daemon from VM running on TrueNAS

tkrn

Cadet
I'm having an issue which appears to be an internal layer 2 issue within TrueNAS SCALE. First and foremost, I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3. I'm leveraging apps for various things and also now trying to leverage an Ubuntu Server VM for other needs. With that being said, I'm trying to get data (rsync) from a dataset hosted by TrueNAS into my VM running on TrueNAS. In addition, I do realize my networking setup maybe "advanced" for some so I've opted to illustrate my networking configuration (see attachment). Basically, within my VM, I'm attempting to ssh to TrueNAS that is running on the same vlan (vlan3003 for example). My VM is 10.203.3.3/24 and my TrueNAS ssh daemon is running on 10.203.3.10/24. Both have the same layer 2 default gateway 10.203.3.1/24. My configuration has matching MTU throughout the stack (1500 MTU).

I'm lead to believe it's something within TrueNAS because from the VM I can ping to other interfaces that are up stream such as the default gateway or other layer 2 devices or devices in other vlans with layer 3 routing (that is upstream). I cannot communicate with ANY service SMB, SSH, NFS that are on the same layer 2 network.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This is keeping me from running a workload in production as I don't have another means to transfer the data from the dataset into the VM.

Attachments

• TrueNAS_SCALE_Networking.png
    TrueNAS_SCALE_Networking.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 68