Cannot remove a deleted jail mount point - known issue?

aschaapherder

Dabbler
Interesting. I just restarted my server after updating to 11.2 U3 and I noticed that several (not all) jails were not started automatically. Searched a bit and noticed that this was already covered so I started them manually succesfully with one exception.

Jail complains that one of the mount points does not exist. After a bit of a stare (and a face palm moment) I realised that I deleted one of the directories/mount points from the file system. No worries, I figured I will just delete it from the jail config. But no luck, the web interface will not allow me to delete a jail mount point that does not exist ...
1556195039131.png

Easily checked. Move/delete/rename the directory/mountpoint and try to delete the mount point in the web interface. Strong suggestion to do this with a direcory that is not being used to avoid any issues with missing data/confusing an application etc.

Has anybody seen this before? I have looked at issues in the bug tracker but I am not sure if this has already been caught/fixed.
I went back to the previous version (11.2 U2.1) but the result is the same although the error message when you try to delete the mount point differs.

The work around is simple, recreate the mount point and delete the mount point in the jail interface.

D

dlavigne

Go ahead and report it. At the very least, the error message should provide the user with a resolution.